My photo
I am a contributor to NXT-Progs.blogspot.com. My YouTube Channel is www.youtube.com/user/YoungerDykstras

10/08/2011

ECD Part 2: Kilts

Deuteronomy 22:5
A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God.


In the US, skirts, dresses, and the like, are considered a woman's garments.
A kilt probably is not cross-dressing. I feel that it is somewhat border lined.
Why I would not wear one:
1. I don't know if it is morally ok.
2. They look silly.
3. I'm Dutch, not Scottish.

6 comments:

  1. I agree a kilt does seem like a skirt.
    i suppose the only reason I wear them is because they are a custom of my ancestors and my sister made me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe you could convince her this viewpoint, and she would stop making you wear 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, I don't think kilts are cross-dressing. I don't like them or prefer that guys wear them... (I'd prefer that they didn't) ;-) But I don't think it's wrong.

    When they wear kilts for dancing, it's a costume. It's what men /would have worn back then if they were Scottish, or whatever. A kilt would be considered a man's garment. Really. I know it's hard to believe. ;-)

    As much as I joke about it, as much as I dislike kilts, as much as I definitely *prefer* jeans/pants for guys...
    I think it's more personal preference. I don't think anyone at ECD is cross-dressing by wearing a kilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it bother us more if it was a dress and wig?
    I think it would, even if it's just a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it would bother us more: because a dress /is/ a woman's garment.
    Like I said; a kilt, technically, is known as a male garment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see what you're saying.

    Also, God is the one who defines cross-dressing.

    ReplyDelete